Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Entry #15 - January 20th, 2009

I'm back in town! Back from Berlin! Boy oh Boy, was Berlin awesome. It could so far be one of the best cities I've visited in Europe. What made it so awesome was the city itself (it was absolutely stunning), the people (they were extremely nice), the transport system (uber convenient) and of course the history! As we all know, Germany is filled with many tragic memories that creates such great history. The world wars, Hitler, and of course the split between the east and west Germany by the Berlin Wall. What is scary is that it all happened not too too long ago!

I went to many attractions and I even got the golden opportunity to visit a concentration camp. This was a great tour, getting to know what life was like in one of the many concentration camps that Germany had. It very sad and tragic but I learned a lot through my experience at the Sachsenhausen camp.

The people are unbelievable there! If at any time, we looked confused or we said something that made us sound like we weren't 100% sure, at least one person would come up to us and ask if we needed help, if we were okay, or if they could do anything to help us.. etc. It was nice to know that people are so willing to help tourists!

This trip makes me want to learn German even more! So you never know! And plus, I have a new roommate, she's from Austria! So I have many opportunities to learn the German language! But that's it! Pictures can be found posted in facebook. Enjoy and comment on them! :)

To all, I highly recommend everyone to visit Berlin if they ever get a chance to! It's definitely worth going! That's for sure!

Next adventures: to conquer Austria (probably for 11days!), and then Denmark!

Tschuss.
Ytam.

No comments: